The Agenda for this coming Monday's Commission Meeting includes a discussion on a Tree/Beautification Committee as well as setting a Public Hearing concerning the Automobile Service Station Moratorium Ordinance for September 12, 2016.
CITY OF ATLANTIC BEACH CITY COMMISSION MEETING
August 22, 2016 - 6:30 PM AGENDA
Invocation and pledge to the flag Call to order
1. A. Approve the minutes of the Commission Meeting of August 8, 2016.
2. Courtesy of Floor to Visitors
- Presentation by Paige Shadden regarding her attendance at American Legion Auxiliary Girls State in Tallahassee. (Commissioner Stinson)
- Presentation- Langton Consulting Annual Report on Grant Status.
3. Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings
A. 2016 Annual Evaluations for the Three Appointed Positions (Mayor Reeves)
4. Consent Agenda
ALL MATTERS LISTED UNDER THE CONSENT AGENDA ARE CONSIDERED TO BE ROUTINE BY THE CITY COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION IN THE FORM LISTED BELOW. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSION OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS DESIRED, THAT ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION AND STAFF RECOMMENDATIONS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED TO THE CITY COMMISSION ON THESE ITEMS.
- Acknowledge receipt of the Monthly Recreation Programs Special Events Report and Financial Report for July 2016.
- Award the contract including Added Alternates #1 and #2 to the low bidder, R&D Landscaping & Irrigation, (the current contractor who provides these services), for an annual total of $124,791.00. Allow the City of Jacksonville to piggyback on the contract for Added Alternate #3.
- Extend the contract with Moline Electric Motor & Machine, Inc. for Repair of Electrical Motors & Pumps (Bid No. 1112-08) for one year at the current prices, term being August 27, 2016 to August 26, 2017.
5. Committee Reports
6. Action on Resolutions
7. Action on Ordinances
(Ordinance No. 90-16-225, Automobile Service Station Moratorium Ordinance: The Public Hearing for this ordinance has been reset from August 22, 2016 to September 12, 2016.)
8. Miscellaneous Business (Discussion only)
- Request for a waiver as permitted by Section 24-46(d) to waive the prohibition of body artists within the Commercial General zoning district as required by Section
24-111(b) at Saltair Section 3, Lots 810 to 816 and 838 to 840 (aka 469 Atlantic
Boulevard, Unit 11).
- Commission Direct Reports Contract Approval Process. (Commissioner Stinson) (To view the documents associated with this agenda item, please click this link.)
- Discussion on a Tree/Beautification Committee (Mayor Reeves)
9. City Manager
- 90-Day Calendar (October 2016 through December 2016)
10. Reports and/or requests from City Commissioners and City Attorney Adjournment
Please Note: This meeting will be live-streamed and videotaped and can be accessed by clicking on the Commission Meeting Video tab located on the home page of the City’s website at www.coab.us.
800 Seminole Rd
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
Google map and directions